Math You Can Really Use--Every Day skips mind-numbing theory and tiresome drills and gets right down to basic math that helps you do real-world stuff like figuring how much to tip, getting the best deals shopping, computing your gas mileage, and more. This is not your typical, dry math textbook. With a comfortable, easygoing approach, it:
- Covers math you'll need for balancing your checkbook, choosing or managing credit cards, comparing options for mortgages, insurance, and investments, and more
- Includes the basics on fractions, decimals, percentages, measurements, and geometric math
- Clues you in on simple shortcuts
- Includes examples plus pop quizzes with answers to help you solidify your understanding
- Features tear-out guides you can take with you for tipping and converting measurements
Want to know how much 20% off is in dollars and cents? Want to figure out how much gas is going to cost for your road trip? This is the math book you'll really use!
Keywords: MATHEMATICS / General MAT000000