* Kinetics and dynamics of hydrogen adsorption on silicon surfaces.
* Potential energy surfaces of transition- metal-catalyzed chemical reactions.
* High-resolution helium atom scattering as a proof of surface vibrations.
* Ordering and phase transitions in adsorbed monolayers of diatomic molecules.
* The influence of dimensionality on static and dynamic properties of a system.
* New applications to fields as varied as catalysts and the passage of molecules through membranes.
This valuable resource provides important insights into the current state of knowledge about surface properties. Prigogine and Rice's latest work will stimulate the imagination and motivate the exploration of other aspects of this fascinating subject.