Acknowledging the primacy of the whole person, Overcoming Resistant Personality Disorders: A Personalized Psychotherapy Approach takes into account all of the complexities of human nature--family influences, culture, neurobiological processes, unconscious memories, and so on--illustrating that no part of human nature should lie outside the scope of a clinician's regard.
Part of a three-book series, this book provides you with a unique combination of conceptual background and step-by-step practical advice to guide your treatment of Axis II personality disorders.
Detailed case studies are provided throughout the text to illustrate the strategies of personalized psychotherapy for:
- The Needy/Dependent Prototype
- The Sociable/Histrionic Prototype
- The Confident/Narcissistic Prototype
- The Nonconforming/Antisocial Prototype
- The Assertive/Sadistic Prototype
- The Conscientious/Compulsive Prototype
- The Skeptical/Negativistic Prototype