Key features of the Sixth Edition include:
- Radically new chapter on acoustic theory, developments in home theatre and surround systems, in speaker system design. Also crossover networks with new digital synthesis methods, and extensive reporting on CAD software
- New measurement systems and techniques are complemented by recent psychoacoustic research data.
- Expanded material on sub-sat design, 2pi and boundary speaker design, further work on optimum low frequency synthesis for improved group delay.
- New materials technology including ceramic and diamond diaphragms, plus first publication of the theory of the BMR, a fascinating hybrid driver technology employing a synthesis of bending wave and pistonic action and which can approach the directivity of a point source.
- Glossary; a valuable view of electroacoustic terms and definitions to guide all readers.
Acknowledged industry-wide as the definitive work on speaker design and analysis, this book is essential reading for audio engineers, speaker designers, equipment designers and students of acoustic engineering, electronics and electro-acoustics. It will also prove invaluable to students of electronics, broadcasting and recording techniques, and be of interest to amateur loudspeaker builders, authors and journalists in audio.
Keywords: Audio & Speech Processing & Broadcasting