Roberts, Stanley M.
Catalysts for Fine Chemical Synthesis, Regio- and Stereo-Controlled Oxidations and Reductions
Volume 5 in the Catalysts for Fine Chemical Synthesis series describes new procedures for the regio- and stereo-controlled transformations of compounds involving oxidation or reduction reactions. It describes a wide range of catalysts, including organometallic systems, biocatalysts and biomimetics. This volume also includes descriptions of a variety of conversions, including: Baeyer-Villiger oxidations; Epoxidation reactions; Hydroxylation reactions; Oxidation of alcohols to aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids; Reduction of ketones; and Reduction of alkenes including α, β-unsaturated carbonyl compounds. The book will be an important text for practising synthetic organic chemists in industry and academia.
- Protocols are written in a standard format by the authors who have discovered them
- Hints, tips and safety advice (where appropriate) is given to ensure that the procedures are reproducible
- Indications are given as to the range of starting materials used and, where appropriate, comparisons to alternative methodology
- Includes relevant references to the primary literature.
Keywords: SCIENCE / Chemistry / Physical & Theoretical SCI013050
- Roberts, Stanley M.
- Whittall, John
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Catalysts For Fine Chemicals Synthesis
- Page amount
- 336 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN