Hotel Front Office Management uses a human resources approach to cover the unique management and operational challenges in the front offices of today's hotels and lodging facilities. This Fourth Edition continues its emphasis on applying theory and management strategies, as well as providing updated material on technology's role in the modernized front office.
Material is logically presented in the order of operations, beginning with an overview of lodging and then progressing through a tour of the today's front office, a review of the guest cycle, and an analysis of guest services. This Fourth Edition includes new sections on hotel risk management, security, and housekeeping management.
Useful features of this new edition include:
- A new chapter on executive housekeeping and the relationship between the housekeeping department and the front office
- Commentaries from hotel front office managers, general managers, and other department managers
- Articles on the international hotel workforce
- "Opening dilemmas" and their solutions are included in each chapter
- Additional case studies for applying theory and developing problem-solving strategies
Hotel Front Office Management, Fourth Edition is an invaluable book for those interested in learning more about a hotel's front office.