Bennett, Shoshana S.
Postpartum Depression For Dummies
Postpartum Depression For Dummies can help you begin the process of determining what’s going on with you and give you a better idea of where you fall so that you can get yourself into proper treatment right away. The book covers all aspects of PPD, from its history and its origins to its effects on women and their families to the wide variety of treatments available—including conventional Western medicine, psychological therapy, alternative medical treatments, and self-care measures. Postpartum Depression For Dummies reveals:
- Why some doctors may be hush-hush about PPD
- How to distinguish between pregnancy hormone changes, "baby blues," and PPD
- The difficulties of getting a proper diagnosis
- The role and importance of a therapist
- The benefits of medication for depression
- Alternative treatments with a successful track record
- How to find the right balance of psychological, medical, and alternative treatment
- Ways you can help foster recovery
- The nutrition you need to care for yourself properly
- How to help your partner help you
Postpartum Depression For Dummies also provides the additional resources you need—web sites, organizations, and further reading—to help avoid the unnecessary suffering caused by undiagnosed and untreated PPD and survive and thrive as a new mom.
Keywords: HEALTH & FITNESS / Pregnancy & Childbirth HEA041000
- Bennett, Shoshana S.
- Codey, Mary Jo
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 384 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN