Enhanced with new chapters and several sections including Standardization, advanced topics in UWB Communications and more applications, this book is essential reading for senior undergraduates and postgraduate students interested in studying UWB. The emphasis on UWB development for commercial consumer communications products means that any communication engineer or manager cannot afford to be without it!
New material included in the second edition:
- Two new chapters covering new regulatory issues for UWB systems and new systems such as ad-hoc and sensor networks, MAC protocols and space-time coding for UWB systems
- IEEE proposals for channel models and their specifications
- Interference and coexistence of UWB with other systems
- UWB antennas and arrays, and new types of antennas for UWB systems such as printed bow-tie antennas
- Coverage of new companies working on UWB such as Artimi and UBISense
- UWB potential for use in medicine, including cardiology, respiratory medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, emergency room and acute care, assistance for disabled people, and throat and vocals
Companion website features a solutions manual, Matlab programs and electronic versions of all figures.