The Second Edition of Signaling in Telecommunication Networks has been thoroughly updated, offering new chapters and sections that cover the most recent developments in signaling systems and procedures. This acclaimed book covers subscriber and network signaling in both fixed and mobile networks.
Coverage begins with an introduction to circuit-switched telephone networks, including an examination of trunks, exchanges, access systems, transmission systems, and other basic components. Next, the authors introduce signaling concepts, beginning with older Channel Associated Signaling (CAS) systems and progressing to today's Common Channel Signaling (CCS) systems. The book then examines packet networks and their use in transmitting voice (VoIP), TCP/IP protocols, VoIP signaling protocols, and ATM protocols.
Throughout the book, the authors emphasize functionality, particularly the roles of individual protocols and how they fit in network architectures, helping readers grasp even the most complex network structures and signaling protocols. Highlights of the Second Edition include:
- Coverage of the latest developments and topics, including new chapters on access networks, intelligent network application part, signaling for voice communication in packet networks, and ATM signaling
- Drawings and tables that help readers understand and visualize complex systems
- Comprehensive, updated references for further study
- Examples to help readers make the bridge from theory to application
With the continued growth and expansion of the telecommunications industry, the Second Edition is essential reading for telecommunications students as well as anyone involved in this dynamic industry needing a solid understanding of the different signaling systems and how they work. Moreover, the book helps readers wade through the voluminous and complex technical standards by providing the essential structure, terminology, and functionality needed to understand them.
Keywords: protocols; edition; network; second; signaling; complex; structures; grasp; recent developments; chapters; new; mobile; subscriber; book; networks; introduction; coverage; circuitswitched; trunks; examination; components
- Bosse, John G. van
- Devetak, Fabrizio U.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Telecommunications and Signal Processing
- Page amount
- 704 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN