As the fifth-most widely spoken language in the world, Portuguese can be heard in South America, Africa, Asia, and of course, Portugal. If you want to know basic Portuguese but don’t want a boring textbook that unloads tons of conjugation rules or long lists of words to memorize, then this quick-and-easy phrasebook will get your feet wet without overwhelming you. This friendly book covers a wide array of subjects both helpful and interesting, including:
- Numbers, days of the week, measurements, and time
- Making friends and small talk
- Enjoying every type of meal
- Shopping in markets and at stores
- Culture, leisure, and activities
- Work and transportation
- Finding a place to live
- Dealing with emergencies
- Slang and colloquial terms
- Phrases and particles to make you sound like a local!
Knowing these fundamentals, you’ll be able to communicate with Portuguese-speaking people and continue learning about the language and culture. With hundred of useful phrases at your fingertips, Portuguese Phrases for Dummies will give you a basic comprehension of this beautiful language and have you speaking instantly!