In addition to coverage of WCDMA radio access technology used in UMTS, and the planning and optimisation of such a system, the service control and management concept in WCDMA and GPRS networks are also introduced. This is an excellent source of information for those considering future cellular networks where Quality of Service (QoS) is of paramount importance.
Key features of the Second Edition include:
- High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) – physical layer, dimensioning and radio resource management
- Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms in network for service differentiation
- Multiple Input – Multiple Output (MIMO) technology
- Practical network optimisation examples
- Service optimisation for UMTS and GPRS/EDGE capacity optimisation
- The ‘hot topic’ of service control and management in WCDMA and GPRS networks, that has evolved since the first edition
Companion website includes:
- Static radio network simulator implemented in MATLAB®
This text will have instant appeal to wireless operators and network and terminal manufacturers. It will also be essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students, frequency regulation bodies and all those interested in radio network planning and optimisation, particularly RF network systems engineering professionals.