- The introduction of new technologies such as vacuum therapy, new casting techniques, the use of hormones and growth factors in wound healing;
- Advances in the understanding of the biomechanics of foot problems;
- Increased problems with multidrug-resistant organisms;
- The introduction of new international guidelines for the management of foot infections;
- Significant progress in the use of cytokines, metalloproteinase inhibitors, stem cells and gene therapy in wound healing.
This fourth edition of this popular title maintains the strengths of earlier editions, with a strong emphasis on practical applications and management. All the chapters have been fully revised and updated, with new chapters introduced to cover the topics listed above. This book features more international contributors, giving it more global relevance than before, and for the first time it includes colour plates.
With its focus on practically oriented advice, this book is essential reading for all members of the diabetes specialist team including diabetologists, podiatrists, specialist nurses, general practitioners, surgeons and clinical researchers.