- A clear and concise text on how Symbian OS architecture works and the core programming techniques and concepts needed to be a solid, competent Symbian programmer
- Shows how Symbian OS architecture and programming compares with other mobile operating systems (to help transition and for better understanding)
- Provides multiple examples and extra descriptions for areas most difficult for new programmers who are unfamiliar to the unique OS architecture
- Contains many tips and techniques documented only, up until now, by scattered white papers and newsgroup threads
- Describes many details of inner operations of Symbian OS, focusing specifically on those needed to become a competent programmer
The book will cover development ranging from low-level system programming to end user GUI applications. It also covers the development and packaging tools, as well as providing some detailed reference and examples for key APIs.