Hunt’s classic text The Reproduction of Colour has been fully revised and updated for the sixth edition to provide a comprehensive introduction to colour imaging and colour reproduction. New illustrations, diagrams and photographs ensure that both students and practising engineers using colour images can gain a full understanding of the theory and practical applications behind the phenomena they encounter.
- Describes the fundamental principles of colour reproduction for photography, television, printing and electronic imaging.
- Provides detailed coverage of the physics of light and the property of colorants.
- Includes new chapters on digital printing and digital imaging, which discuss colour reproduction on HDTV and desktop publishing.
- Presents expanded coverage of the evaluation of colour appearance.
The Reproduction of Colour is already used as a basis for lectures in universities and specialist institutions and continues to be an essential resource for scientists, engineers and developers needing to appreciate the technologies of colour perception.
Reviews of the Fifth Edition:
"The book is beautifully written and superbly presented. It is a credit to both author and publisher, and deserves to be on the shelves of anyone who has any concern with the reproduction of colour."
From The Journal of Photographic Science, Vol. 43 1995
"Using his ability as a teacher, Dr Hunt has made potentially very difficult topics quite readable…he brings the insight that leads the reader to a greater depth of understanding."
From Color Research and Application, Vol. 23 1998
The Society for Imaging Science and Technology is an international society that aims to advance the science and practices of image assessment. A major objective of the Wiley-IS&T series will be to explain the latest scientific and technological developments in the field of imaging at a professional level. The broad scope of the series will focus on imaging in all its aspects, with particular emphasis on digital printing, electronic imaging, photofinishing, image preservation, image assessment, image archiving, pre-press technologies and hybrid imaging systems.
- Hunt, R. W. G.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- The Wiley-IS&T Series in Imaging Science and Technology
- Page amount
- 724 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN