With contributions from key experts in the field, 3D Videocommunication:
- provides a complete overview of existing systems and technologies in 3D video communications and provides guidance on future trends and research;
- considers all aspects of the 3D videocommunication processing chain including video coding, signal processing and computer graphics;
- focuses on the current state-of-the-art and highlights the directions in which the technology is likely to move;
- discusses in detail the relevance of 3D videocommunication for telepresence systems and immersive media; and
- provides an exhaustive bibliography for further reading.
Researchers and students interested in the field of 3D audio-visual communications will find 3D Videocommunication a valuable resource, covering a broad overview of the current state-of-the-art. Practical engineers from industry will also find it a useful tool in envisioning and building innovative applications.