Earth Time: Exploring the Deep Past from Victorian England to the Grand Canyon
The dramatic history of planet Earth and the rocky road to understanding the past
- A probing account of the history of the earth and an introduction to the many eccentric characters that have attempted to understand its origins.
- Full of fascinating anecdotes about 19th century explorers and natural philosophers who first carved up Earth's history just as others were carving up the globe.
- Unravels the fascinating history of rock strata and the implications they have had on accepted theories on the Earth's life.
- Considers the future of the earth, and what a repeat of some of the catastrophic events of the earth's past, such as major earthquakes and asteroid collisions, could mean for life today.
Keywords: HISTORY / World HIS037000
- Palmer, Douglas
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 358 pages
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN