Systems Engineering in Wireless Communications focuses on the area of radio resource management in third generation wireless communication systems from a systems engineering perspective. The authors provide an introduction into cellular radio systems as well as a review of radio resource management issues. Additionally, a detailed discussion of power control, handover, admission control, smart antennas, joint optimization of different radio resources , and cognitive radio networksis offered. This book differs from books currently available, with its emphasis on the dynamical issues arising from mobile nodes in the network. Well-known control techniques, such as least squares estimation, PID control, Kalman filers, adaptive control, and fuzzy logic are used throughout the book.
- Covers radio resource management of third generation wireless communication systems at a systems level
- First book to address wireless communications issues using systems engineering methods
- Offers the latest research activity in the field of wireless communications, extending to the control engineering community
- Includes an accompanying website containing MATLAB™/SIMULINK™ exercises
- Provides illustrations of wireless networks
This book will be a valuable reference for graduate and postgraduate students studying wireless communications and control engineering courses, and R&D engineers.
Keywords: reader; g; radio; engineering; book; coverage; communications systems; wireless; resource; complete; introduction; cellular; systems; review; control; power; discussion; different; resources; optimization; radio networks; currently, Systems Engineering & Management, Networking, Systems Engineering & Management, Networking