* Covers a complete range of multimedia hot topics, ranging from audio/video coding techniques to multimedia protocols and applications
* Discusses QoS issues in WLANs, 3G and hybrid 3G/WLAN networks
* Provides in-depth discussion of the most modern multimedia services, such as Push-to-Talk, Instant Messaging, Presence, mobile payments, MMS, WAP, and location-based multimedia services
* Addresses the emerging Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS) and the key aspects of IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) in 3G networks
* Numerous on-line references will assist readers in their quest for the most up-to-date information
This comprehensive resource will have instant appeal to students in electrical and computer engineering or IT disciplines. It is also essential reading for engineering managers, engineers in wireless systems and multimedia, and wireless multimedia researchers.