Providing a range of solutions to control and signal processing problems, this book:
* Presents a comprehensive introduction to the polynomial systems approach for the solution of H_2 and H_infinity optimal control problems.
* Develops robust control design procedures using frequency domain methods.
* Demonstrates design examples for gas turbines, marine systems, metal processing, flight control, wind turbines, process control and manufacturing systems.
* Includes the analysis of multi-degrees of freedom controllers and the computation of restricted structure controllers that are simple to implement.
* Considers time-varying control and signal processing problems.
* Addresses the control of non-linear processes using both multiple model concepts and new optimal control solutions.
Robust Industrial Control Systems: Optimal Design Approach for Polynomial Systems is essential reading for professional engineers requiring an introduction to optimal control theory and insights into its use in the design of real industrial processes. Students and researchers in the field will also find it an excellent reference tool.
Keywords: SCIENCE / System Theory SCI064000