Wear – Materials, Mechanisms and Practice provides the reader with a unique insight into our current understanding of wear, based on the contributions of numerous internationally acclaimed specialists in the field.
- Offers a comprehensive review of current knowledge in the field of wear.
- Discusses latest topics in wear mechanism classification.
- Includes coverage of a wide variety of materials such as metals, polymers, polymer composites, diamonds, and diamond-like films and ceramics.
- Discusses the chemo-mechanical linkages that control tribology, providing a more complete treatment of the subject than just the conventional mechanical treatments.
- Illustrated throughout with carefully compiled diagrams that provide a unique insight into the controlling mechanisms of tribology.
The state of the art research on wear and the mechanisms of wear featured will be of interest to post-graduate students and lecturers in engineering, materials science and chemistry. The practical applications discussed will appeal to practitioners across virtually all sectors of engineering and industry including electronic, mechanical and electrical, quality and reliability and design.