LQ Dynamic Optimization and Differential Games is an assessment of the state of the art in its field and the first modern book on linear-quadratic game theory, one of the most commonly used tools for modelling and analysing strategic decision making problems in economics and management. Linear quadratic dynamic models have a long tradition in economics, operations research and control engineering; and the author begins by describing the one-decision maker LQ dynamic optimization problem before introducing LQ differential games.
- Covers cooperative and non-cooperative scenarios, and treats the standard information structures (open-loop and feedback).
- Includes real-life economic examples to illustrate theoretical concepts and results.
- Presents problem formulations and sound mathematical problem analysis.
- Includes exercises and solutions, enabling use for self-study or as a course text.
- Supported by a website featuring solutions to exercises, further examples and computer code for numerical examples.
LQ Dynamic Optimization and Differential Games offers a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of this extensively used class of economic models, and will appeal to applied mathematicians and econometricians as well as researchers and senior undergraduate/graduate students in economics, mathematics, engineering and management science.