- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed
Keywords: area; pharmaceutical biotechnology; introduction; comprehensive; medical; offers; fastmoving; pharmaceutical; particular; perspective; focus; subject; technology; chapters; whole; key; broad; initial; subsequent, Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry