-Corrosion on the First Edition of Fundamentals of Electrochemical Deposition
From computer hardware to automobiles, medical diagnostics to aerospace, electrochemical deposition plays a crucial role in an array of key industries. Fundamentals of Electrochemical Deposition, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction to one of today's most exciting and rapidly evolving fields of practical knowledge.
The most authoritative introduction to the field so far, the book presents detailed coverage of the full range of electrochemical deposition processes and technologies, including:
* Metal-solution interphase
* Charge transfer across an interphase
* Formation of an equilibrium electrode potential
* Nucleation and growth of thin films
* Kinetics and mechanisms of electrodeposition
* Electroless deposition
* In situ characterization of deposition processes
* Structure and properties of deposits
* Multilayered and composite thin films
* Interdiffusion in thin film
* Applications in the semiconductor industry and the field of medicine
This new edition updates the prior edition to address the new developments in the science and its applications, with new chapters on innovative applications of electrochemical deposition in semiconductor technology, magnetism and microelectronics, and medical instrumentation. Added coverage includes such topics as binding energy, nanoclusters, atomic force, and scanning tunneling microscopy.Example problems at the end of chapters and other features clarify and improve understanding of the material.
Written by an author team with extensive experience in both industry and academe, this reference and text provides a well-rounded introduction to the field for students, as well as a means for professional chemists, engineers, and technicians to expand and sharpen their skills in using the technology.