1. The Changing Politics of European Security
Allen G. Sens
Part I. Changing Security Perceptions in Europe and North America
2. Internal and External Security in the EU: Is There Any Longer a Distinction?
3. Security Perspectives in Post-Communist Eastern Europe: ‘Easternization’ and ‘Europeanization’
Lenard J. Cohen
4. Transatlantic Differences on Security Perceptions and Responses
Part II. Ready to go Alone? Unfolding the EU’s Security and Defence Policy
5. Common Security and Defence Policy in the Treaty Establishing a Constitution for Europe
6. The European Neighbourhood Policy: a Strategy for Security in Europe?
7. Russia and the ESDP: Partnership Strategy versus Strategic Partnership
Part III. European Security and the Transatlantic Relationship
8. From an Alliance of Commitment to an Alliance of Choice: the Adaptation of NATO in a Time of Uncertainty
9. The Challenges and Limits of NATO-ESDP Synergy
10. Strategic Partners, Different Strategies: the United States and Canada in the Transatlantic Security Community