David Lane, Martin Myant
Part I. The ‘Varieties of Capitalism’ Paradigm and Post-Communist Countries
2. Post-State Socialism: A Diversity of Capitalisms?
3. Diverging Pathways in Central and Eastern Europe
Mark Knell, Martin Srholec
Part II. Consolidated Market Economies
4. Estonia and Slovenia as Antipodes
5. Eastern Germany’s Incorporation into the Federal Republic
6. The Czech Republic: From ‘Czech’ Capitalism to ‘European’ Capitalism
7. Poland and Ukraine: Institutional Structures and Economic Performance
Part III. Hybrid Economies
8. Russian Political Capitalism and its Environment
Philip Hanson, Elizabeth Teague
9. Kazakhstan: A State-Led Liberalized Market Economy?
10. Georgia: Capitalism as Organized Chaos
11. The Western Balkans
Part IV. Statist Market Economies
12. Belarus: Heading towards State Capitalism?
13. China’s Transformation towards Capitalism