Part I. Neo-liberalism and the Market State: Concepts and Issues
1. Neo-liberalism and the Market State: What is the Ideal Shell?
2. Two Faces of Neo-liberalism
Part II. Neo-liberalism and its Global Transit
3. The Politics of Neo-liberalism in Latin America: Legitimacy, Depoliticization and Technocratic Rule in Chile
4. Neo-liberalism in the Russian Federation
5. Corruption and Neo-liberal Reform: Markets and Predatory Power in Indonesia and Southeast Asia
Vedi R. Hadiz
6. Neo-liberalism and the Persistence of Clientelism in Africa
7. Serving the Market or Serving the Party: Neo-liberalism in China
Part III. Conflict within the Neo-liberal Camp
8. The Wall Street-Treasury-IMF Complex after Asia: Neo-liberalism in Decline?
9. What’s in a Name? Neo-conservative Ideology, Neo-liberalism and Globalization
A. Haroon Akram-Lodhi
10. Mr Bush and Neo-liberalism
William K. Tabb
Part IV. The Neo-liberal Future
11. Neo-liberalism and Transparency: Political versus Economic Liberalism
12. European Social Democracy and the Neo-liberal Global Agenda: a Resurgent Influence or Capitulation?
13. Economic Constitutionalism, Liberalism and the New Welfare Governance