1. Introduction: Not All Roads Lead to Rome: Anglo-Iberian Exchanges in the Middle Ages
2. Medieval England and Iberia: A Chivalric Relationship
Jennifer Goodman Wollock
3. British Influence in Medieval Catalan Writing: An Overview
4. The Shrine as Mediator: England, Castile, and the Pilgrimage to Compostela
Ana Echevarría Arsuaga
5. Leonor of England and Eleanor of Castile: Anglo-Iberian Marriage and Cultural Exchange in the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries
6. A Castilian in King Edward’s Court: The Career of Giles Despagne, 1313–27
Cynthia L. Chamberlin
7. Anglo-Portuguese Trade During the Reign of João I of Portugal, 1385–1433
Jennifer C. Geouge
8. Philippa of Lancaster, Queen of Portugal—And Patron of the Gower Translations?
9. “Os Doze de Inglaterra”: A Romance of Anglo-Portuguese Relations in the Later Middle Ages?
Amélia P. Hutchinson
10. Chaucer Translates the Matter of Spain
R. F. Yeager