1. The Green Shoots of a Conservative Revival?
2. The Constitution: Selective Incrementalism Continues
3. Elections and Public Opinion: Blair’s Third and Final Electoral Triumph
Michael Cole, Tim Jones, Colin Rallings, Michael Thrasher
4. Parties and Party Systems: Movement in the System?
5. Pressure Politics: Business as Usual but an Expanding Private Sector
Wyn Grant, Justin Greaves
6. Government and Administration: The Quest for Public Value
Andrew Gray, Bill Jenkins
7. The Citizen and the Administration: Resolving Disputes
8. Parliament: The House of Commons — Turbulence Ahead?
Richard Kelly, Oonagh Gay, Philip Cowley
9. Parliament: The House of Lords — A More Representative and Assertive Chamber?
Meg Russell, Maria Sciara
10. Law and Politics: When Power and Rights Collide
11. Public Policy: Fighting for the Initiative
12. Devolution: Diversity, Stability and Challenges to Labour
13. Local Government: A Second Wave of Modernisation?
Steve Leach, Lawrence Pratchett
14. Foreign Policy: Changing Priorities
15. Britain and Europe: Less of the Poison?
16. Politics and the Media: Intra- and Inter-Party Debates
17. Turning Point or Staging Post?