1. Introduction: Can Schools Save Indigenous Languages? Policy and Practice on Four Continents
Nancy H. Hornberger
Part I. Case Studies on Four Continents
2. ‘Out on the fells, I feel like a Sámi’: Is There Linguistic and Cultural Equality in the Sámi School?
3. Top-down and Bottom-up: Counterpoised Visions of Bilingual Intercultural Education in Latin America
Luis Enrique López
4. Māori-medium Education: Current Issues and Challenges
Stephen May, Richard Hill
5. Learning with Differences: Strengthening Hñähñö and Bilingual Teaching in an Elementary School in Mexico City
Nicanor Rebolledo Recendiz
Part II. Commentaries: International Perspectives on the Case Studies
6. Revitalization through Indigenous Education: a Forlorn Hope?
7. Commentary from an African and International Perspective
Nkonko M. Kamwangamalu
8. Riding the Tiger
9. Schools as Strategic Tools for Indigenous Language Revitalization: Lessons from Native America
Teresa L. McCarty
- Hornberger, Nancy H.
- Publication year
- Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities
- Page amount
- 198 pages
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN