Part I. Introduction
1. The Current State of the Japanese Economy and Challenges for Japanese Management: An Overview
Markus Pudelko, René Haak
Part II. Contributions
2. Continuity through Change in Japanese Management: Institutional and Strategic Influences
3. Organizational Survival
Robert J. Ballon
4. The Long Road to Globalization: In Search of a New Balance between Continuity and Change in Japanese MNCs
Schon L. Beechler
5. Innovation for Whom?
6. Organizational Learning Mechanisms for Corporate Revitalization
Yoshiya Teramoto, Caroline Benton
7. Corporate Governance and Law Reform in Japan: From the Lost Decade to the End of History?
Luke Nottage, Leon Wolff
8. A Perfect Financial Storm
James C. Abegglen
9. Japanese Human Resource Management: From Being a Miracle to Needing One?
10. Japanese Production Management: Organizational Learning at the Confluence of Knowledge Transfer, Technology Development and Work Organization
Part III. Conclusion
11. Continuity versus Change: The Key Dilemma for Japanese Management