Part I. Debtor Economies and Perspectives for Regional Monetary Coordination
1. Monetary Coordination Involving Developing Countries: The Need for a New Conceptual Framework
Barbara Fritz, Martina Metzger
2. ‘Original Sin’ and Monetary Cooperation
3. Chances and Limits of South-South Monetary Coordination
4. Exchange Rate Management in Developing Countries: The Need for a Multilateral Solution
Part II. Cases of Regional Monetary Coordination
5. Exchange Rate Policies and Institutional Arrangements in the Transition Process to European Monetary Union
6. Perspectives for a Monetary Union between Argentina and Brazil
Fernando J. Cardim Carvalho
7. So Far from God and So Close to the US Dollar: Contrasting Approaches of Monetary Coordination in Latin America
8. The Common Monetary Area in Southern Africa: A Typical South-South Coordination Project?
9. The CFA Zone: A Positive Example of Monetary Coordination?
10. The Advancement of Monetary Regionalism in East Asia