Philip Arestis, Alfredo Saad-Filho
2. Neoliberalism, Democracy and Economic Policy in Brazil
3. Lula’s Government in Brazil: A New Left or the Old Populism?
Fernando J. Cardim Carvalho
4. The Real Meaning of the Economic Policy of Lula’s Government
Leda Maria Paulani
5. The Twilight of Lula’s Government: Another Failed Experiment with Left-Wing Administrations?
Fernando Cardim Carvalho, Fernando Ferrari-Filho
6. Lula’s Social Policies: New Wine in Old Bottles?
Alcino Ferreira Câmara Neto, Matías Vernengo
7. Assessing the Empirical Evidence on Inflation Targeting and Possible Lessons for Brazil
Alvaro Angeriz, Philip Arestis, Tirthankar Chakravarty
8. Inflation Targeting in Emerging Countries: The Case of Brazil
Philip Arestis, Luiz Fernando Paula, Fernando Ferrari-Filho
9. Fiscal Policy, Credit Availability and Financing of Regional Policies in Brazil: Has Lula’s Government Changed Anything?
Frederico G. Jayme, Marco Crocco
10. Disentangling Policy and Politics: Non-Fiscal Implications of the Calculation of the PSBR in Brazil
Lecio Morais, Alfredo Saad-Filho
11. The Interest Rate During the Lula Government: A Research Agenda
Carlos Vidotto, João Sicsú
12. Fixed Income Debt Management and Uncertainty in the Lula Administration, 2002–2005
Rogério Sobreira, Paulo Gaya