Gerard Clarke, Michael Jennings
2. Faith-Based Organizations and International Development: An Overview
3. Intelligent Design?: A Gender-Sensitive Interrogation of Religion and Development
Ruth Pearson, Emma Tomalin
4. The Language of Development: What are International Development Agencies Talking About?
5. The Spirit of Brotherhood: Christianity and Ujamaa in Tanzania
6. Engaged Citizenship: The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) in the Post-Authoritarian Philippines
Antonio F. Moreno
7. FBOs and Change in the Context of Authoritarianism: The Islamic Center Charity Society in Jordan
Janine A. Clark
8. Who’s Afraid of Religion? Tensions between ‘Mission’ and ‘Development’ in the Norwegian Mission Society
9. Saudi Arabian NGOs in Somalia: ‘Wahabi’ Da’wah or Humanitarian Aid?
Mohammed R. Kroessin, Abdulfatah S. Mohamed
10. Faith-Based Organizations as Effective Development Partners? Hezbollah and Post-War Reconstruction in Lebanon
11. Hindu Nationalism and the Social Welfare Strategy
12. Conclusion: Faith and Development — of Ethno-separatism, Multiculturalism and Religious Partitioning?
Michael Jennings, Gerard Clarke