Part I. Introduction
1. From New Labour to a New Era?
Susan Corby, Graham Symon
Part II. The Context
2. Public Sector Reform and Employment Relations in Europe
Michael Gold, Ulke Veersma
3. The Economic and Financial Context: Paying for the Banks
4. Public Sector ‘Ethos’
Part III. Issues
5. Rewarding Public Servants: Continuity and Change
6. Equality in the Public Sector: The Sky Darkens
Part IV. The Actors
7. Assistant Roles in a Modernised Public Service: Towards a New Professionalism?
8. The Third Sector’s Provision of Public Services: Implications for Mission and Employment Conditions
9. Leaders in Public Service Organisations
10. Organised Labour and State Employment
11. Consultants in Government: A Necessary Evil?
Part V. Conclusions
12. Making Sense of Public Sector Employment Relations in a Time of Crisis
Graham Symon, Susan Corby