China’s Search for Good Governance
Part I. Governance and Legitimacy in China
2. Good Governance and Legitimacy
3. Good Governance: Another Kind of Legitimacy?
4. The Applicability of Governance Theory in China
Jianxing Yu, Shizong Wang
5. Will a “Deliberative Mechanism” Increase and Consolidate the Legitimacy of Local Governance in China?
6. Civil Society Participation in Local Governance: Outsourcing Migrant Education in Shanghai
Jessica C. Teets
7. The Implications of Civil Society Innovations for Good Governance in China: Exemplification of a Voluntary Charity-Oriented Sphere
Part II. The Role of China in Global Governance
8. Do We Need to Discuss Legitimacy at All Levels of Governance?
Peter Klen-Hong Yu, Miin Huui Lee
9. China’s “Radicalism at the Center”: Regime Legitimation Through Climate Politics and Governance
10. Building Communication Capacity for Good Governance: A Multileveled Analysis
11. The Rise of Civil Society and China in Global Governance
12. China’S Soft Power: A Blessing or Challenge to World Governance?
Jing Men, Benjamin Barton
13. Wang Yangming and Chinese Cosmopolitanism in Comparative Perspective
Keywords: Political Science and International Relations, Asian Politics, Asian Culture, Political Science, Political Theory, International Relations
- Guo, Sujian
- Zhenglai, Deng
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 251 pages
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN