Phelps, Nicholas A.
International Perspectives on Suburbanization
1. Introduction: International Perspectives on Suburbanization: A Post-suburban World?
Nicholas A. Phelps, Fulong Wu
Part I. City, Suburb, Post-suburb
2. Suburbia and Post-suburbia: A Brief History
Jon C. Teaford
3. The Restless Landscape of Metroburbia
Elisabeth Chaves, Paul Knox, David Bieri
4. Post-suburbia and City-region Politics
Roger Keil, Douglas Young
Part II. Post-suburbia in the Americas
5. Post-suburban Regionalism: From Local Politics of Exclusion to Regional Politics of Economic Development
Andrew E. G. Jonas
6. Privatization of the Fringes — A Latin American Version of Post-suburbia? The Case of Santiago de Chile
Dirk Heinrichs, Michael Lukas, Henning Nuissl
7. From Country Club to Edge City? Gated Residential Communities and the Transformation of Pilar, Argentina
Sonia Roitman, Nicholas A. Phelps
Part III. Post-suburbia and Europe’s Compact Cities
8. Post-suburbia in Continental Europe
Marco Bontje, Joachim Burdack
9. Post-suburbia in the Context of Urban Containment: The Case of the South East of England
10. Khimki in Moscow City-region: From ‘Closed City’ to ‘Edge City’?
Oleg Golubchikov, Nicholas A. Phelps, Alla Makhrova
Part IV. Varieties of Post-suburbia in East Asia
11. Post-suburban Elements in an Asian Extended Metropolitan Region: The Case of Jabodetabek (Jakarta Metropolitan Area)
12. Post-suburban Tokyo? Urbanization, Suburbanization, Reurbanization
13. New Towns for Suburbs? Developmental State Politics and New Town Development in Seoul Metropolitan Region
Yong-Sook Lee, HaeRan Shin
14. Conclusion: Post-suburban Worlds?
Fulong Wu, Nicholas A. Phelps
Keywords: Social Sciences, Social Policy, Urban Geography / Urbanism (inc. megacities, cities, towns), Urban Studies/Sociology, Political Sociology, Building Types and Functions, Sociology, general
- Phelps, Nicholas A.
- Wu, Fulong
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 305 pages
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN