1. Much Ado About Nothing? The European Neighbourhood Policy in Context
Richard G. Whitman, Stefan Wolff
Part I. The Study of the European Neighbourhood Policy: Methodological, Theoretical and Empirical Challenges
2. As You Like It: European Union Normative Power in the European Neighbourhood Policy
3. Identity Construction through the ENP: Borders and Boundaries, Insiders and Outsiders
4. The ENP, Security, and Democracy in the Context of the European Security Strategy
5. The ENP’s Strategic Conception and Design Overstretching the Enlargement Template?
Part II. Making Sense of the European Neighbourhood Policy — Contextualising a Policy Departure
6. Lessons from the Balkans: The ENP as a Possible Conflict Management Tool?
Stefan Wolff, Annemarie Peen Rodt
7. The ENP and Transatlantic Relations
Sten Rynning, Christine Pihlkjœr Jensen
8. Explaining Russian Reactions to the European Neighbourhood Policy
Part III. The European Neighbourhood Policy in Practice — Assessing Implementation and Impact
9. The ENP and the EU’s Eastern Neighbours: Ukraine and Moldova as Test Cases
10. The Impact of the ENP on EU-North Africa Relations: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
11. The ENP and the Southern Caucasus: Meeting the Expectations?
12. The ENP and the Middle East
Carlos Echeverría Jesús
13. The ENP in Future Perspective