Part I. WTO Agreements — A Development-friendly Policy Instrument?
2. Development Implications of WTO Accession Procedures
3. Toward A Development-friendly International Regulatory Framework for Foreign Direct Investment
Theodore H. Moran
4. The WTO: A Sweet or Sour Chinese Banquet?
Alice H. Amsden
Part II. WTO Membership and Economic Cooperation (Accession and Impact on Policies)
5. Effects of WTO Accession on Policymaking in Sovereign States: Lessons from Transition Countries
Zdenek Drabek, Marc Bacchetta
6. Policy Anchors: Do Free Trade Agreements and WTO Accessions Serve as Vehicles for Developing-country Policy Reform?
Michael J. Ferrantino
7. Regional Trading Arrangements and WTO Membership: Substitutes or Complements?
Part III. Impact of the WTO on Trade Flows of Goods
8. The Effect of Membership in the GATT/WTO on Trade: Where Do We Stand?
Andrew K. Rose
9. Does WTO Membership Make a Difference at the Extensive Margin of World Trade?
Gabriel Felbermayr, Wilhelm Kohler
Part IV. Broader Costs and Benefits of WTO Membership
10. Who Should Join the WTO and Why?: A Cost-benefit Analysis of WTO Membership
Zdenek Drabek, Wing Thye Woo
11. The WTO Dispute Settlement System: How Have Developing Countries Fared?
William J. Davey
12. Costs of Implementation of WTO Agreements