1. Introduction: Japanese Management in the 21st Century
Part I. Restructuring Japan — Theoretical Foundations
2. Restructuring of Japanese Enterprises — Programs for a Special Institutional Environment
3. Rigidity and Change in the Japanese Venture Economy
Sebastian Schäfer, Cornelia Storz
4. The Attitude Toward Risk in Japanese Management
Part II. Inside the New J-Firm
5. Lifelong Employment, Labor Law and the Lost Decade: The End of a Job for Life in Japan?
6. Vocational Education and Training in Japan — Recent Trends
7. Going Global? Strategizing Ideology and Practice in a Japanese Subsidiary
8. The Long Path Toward Gender Equality in Japan: The Revision of the Equal Employment Opportunity Law and Its Implementation
9. Innovation in Japanese HRM: Are Japanese Companies Adopting the Pay for Performance Principle?
Part III. Innovation and Knowledge Management
10. Innovation and the Patenting of Knowledge in Japanese Corporations
John W. Clarry
11. Nonaka Revisited: Can Japanese Companies Sustain Their Knowledge Management Processes in the 21st Century?
Benjamin Hentschel, Parissa Haghirian
Part IV. Internationalization Processes
12. Japanese Corporate Strategies in Emerging Markets: From China-centered Trade and Investment to Diversified Internationalization