Owen Worth, Phoebe Moore
Part I. Theoretical Reflections: Globalisation and the Semi-Periphery
2. Whatever Happened to the Semi-Periphery?
3. Halfway to Paradise? Making Sense of the Semi-Periphery
4. Globalisation, Accumulation by Dispossession and the Rise of the Semi-Periphery: Towards Global Post-Fordism and Crisis?
Part II. Globalisation and Change in the Semi-Periphery
5. The South American Semi-Periphery: Brazil and Argentina
6. Economic Development in the East Asian (Semi)Periphery: Reintroducing Dependency as a Conceptual Tool of Analysis
Jason P. Abbott
7. China and India — The New Powerhouses of the Semi-Periphery?
8. ‘Upper Volta with Gas’? Russia as a Semi-Peripheral State
9. Turkey in the World System and the New Orientalism
Phoebe Moore, Charles Dannreuther
Part III. New Semi-Peripheral Developments and Possible Futures
10. CEE as a New Semi-Periphery: Transnational Social Forces and Poland’s Transition
11. A Semi-Periphery to Global Capital: Global Governance and Lines of Flight for Caribbean Offshore Financial Centres
12. Toward a Democratic and Collectively Rational Global Commonwealth: Semi-Peripheral Transformation in a Post-Peak World-System
13. Semi-Peripheral Development and Global Democracy
Christopher Chase-Dunn, Terry Boswell