1. Situation the Avant-Garde in Postwar America
Community, Individualism, and Cold War Culture
2. Emerson, Pragmatism, and the "New American Poetry"
3. "My Force Is in Mobility"
Selfhood and Friendship in Frank O'Hara's Poetry
4. Growing Up with Our Brothers All Around
John Ashbery and the Interpersonal
5. Amiri Baraka and the Poetics of Turning Away
6. "Against the Speech of Friends"
Baraka's White Friend Blues
7. "A Rainy Wool Frankie and Johnny"
O'Hara, Ashbery, and the Paradoxes of Friendship
Keywords: LITERARY CRITICISM / Poetry LIT014000