Here is a one-stop guide to the world's most important thinkers and writers on business strategy. It expertly summarises all the key strategic concepts and describes the work and contribution of each of the leading thinkers in the field. It goes on to analyse the pro's and con's of many of the key theories in practice and offers two enlightening case-studies. The third section of the book provides a series of detailed checklists to help you to develop your own strategy.
More than just a summary of key concepts, this book offers valuable insights into their application and value; it will provide you with a much braoder grasp of the subject against which to develop your own business.
Part One: Gurus on parade
· Chapter 1 - A taster of the gurus
· Chapter 2 - Key strategic concepts
· Chapter 3 - A detailed guru-by-guru guide
Part Two: Case studies
· Chapter 4 - Champney's Health Resort
· Chapter 5 - Marks and Spencer
Part Three: Managing your strategy and facing the future
· Chapter 6 - Checklists for managing strategy
· Chapter 7 - Conclusion - Gurus and the future
About the author
Tony Grundy is an independent consultant and Senior Lecturer at Cranfield School of Management. He is the author of several best-selling books, as well as articles on HR strategy in leading management journals.
Keywords: business strategy