Adobe Digital Editions Installation
Adobe Digital Editions is a light reader software for ebooks that has been in use since Adobe Reader version 8. Digital Editions is free to use and install.
This guide shows how to install Digital Editions. These instructions can used in Windows and Mac OS X -environments. Installation is personal for all users.
Adobe Digital Editions Installation Instructions
Adobe Digital Editions is a light separate reader application by Adobe designed for reading e-books which has been available since the Adobe Reader version 8. The software can be installed and used free of charge.
This document describes the installation and activation of the Adobe Digital Editions reading software. These instructions can be applied to all Windows environments as well as to the Mac OS X operating system. The program will be installed for each user personally.
- Go to Download the page on Adobe Digital Editions.
In the lower left corner you should see the “Install” button. If you cannot see the button, you need the Flash Player. Click on the “Install” button.
- Accept the confirmation message by clicking on “Install” again.
- Next, click on the “Yes” button and the Adobe Digital Editions installation will begin. Downloading the files to your computer may take a while.
- When the files have been downloaded, the Adobe installation program will begin. Click "I Agree", and the files will be installed on your computer.
- When the files have been installed, Adobe Digital Editions will begin for the first time and a program will be launched for specifying the required settings. Proceed by clicking on “Continue”.
- You will be asked if you want to activate the Adobe ID account for the program you have installed.
If you have an existing Adobe ID account, please enter your information in the blank fields, and select “Authorize Computer”.
If you want to create a new Adobe ID account, click on the “get an Adobe ID online” link. For more information, see Activation.
If you do not want to use the Adobe ID account, select “Don’t Authorize Computer”.
Finally, press lopuksi“Activate”.
Note! Using the Ellibs Library does not require setting up an Adobe ID account. Books may be returned and re-borrowed on different computers, even if no account has been created.
If you choose “Don’t Authorize”, a warning message will appear. You can turn off the message by clicking on “Continue”
- After all the stages of the setup program have been reviewed, the program is ready for use. Click on “Finished”.
- Installation of the reader is now complete and the program will open to the library view. You are now ready to borrow e-books!
E-books downloaded using the Adobe ID account will be activated for the account user, and it is possible to transfer e-books between reading devices. E-books downloaded without using the account will be activated only on the computer upon which the reader is installed. This instruction shows you how to create your own Adobe ID account. Setting up the account is free of charge.
- Click on the setup program link “get an Adobe ID online” and your browser will show the Adobe registration page. Click on “Create an Adobe Account”.
- A form will appear. Enter your information into the form fields. Fields marked with an * are required.
- Once you have entered your information, click “Continue”. If the information is accepted you will see a message confirming the successful registration.
- Now, the same registration information can be entered into the blank fields of the Adobe Digital Editions reader; press “Authorize” to complete. In the future, all your downloaded e-books will be activated on your account. When you install the reader to another device and activate it using the same username, you can copy your e-books between the devices.