‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet’s latest Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guide book and includes:
• Skye & the Western Isles chapter
• Understand Scotland’s Highlands & Islands
• Skye & the Western Isles maps
The rugged Isle of Skye is a paradise for walkers, climbers and wildlife enthusiasts, with its dramatic mountains and lonely lochs, home to golden eagles, peregrine falcons, otters, deer and seals.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Skye & the Western Isles, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets – all the essentials to get to the heart of Skye & the Western Isles.
• Understand Scotland’s Highlands & Islands: Scotland’s Highlands & Islands Today, History, Highland Culture, Landscapes & Wildlife, the Scottish Larder, Directory, Transport and Glossary
• Isle of Skye, Kyleakin (Caol Acain), Broadford (An T-AthLeathann), Sleat, Elgol (Ealaghol), Cuillin Hills, Minginish, Portree (Port Righ), Dunvegan (Dun Bheagain), Duirinish & Waternish, Trotternish, Isle of Raasay, Hiking the Quiraing, Small Isles, Isle of Rum, Isle of Eigg, Isle of Muck, Isle of Canna, Western Isles, Lewis (Leodhais), Harris (Na Hearadh), Berneray (Bearnaraigh), North Uist (Uibhist A Tuath), Benbecula (Beinn Na Faoghla), South Uist (Uibhist A Deas), Eriskay (Eiriosgaigh), Barra (Barraigh) and Pabbay (Pabaidh), Mingulay (Miughalaigh) & Berneray (Bearnaraigh).
Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guide is researched and written by Neil Wilson.
Emme toimita kirjojen mukana mahdollisesti tulevaa lisämateriaalia (esim. CD- tai DVD-levyjä).