Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet Italy's Classic Trips. We've chosen nine of our all-time favorite road trips that showcase the best Italy has to offer, thrown in up-to-date stretch-your-legs guides to Venice, Vicenza, Florence, and Palermo, and provided essential road trip information to get you cruising. Cure ham in chimneys, travel on sleighs from village to village, visit Europe's finest botanical gardens, or enjoy a tour of olive groves and fontina fondues, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Italy, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Italy's Classic Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests - there's a trip for family travellers, history buffs, culinary connoisseurs, outdoor adventurers
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - hiring a car, fuelling up, local driving rules, parking, toll roads, road conditions, licenses, insurance, language tool
- Covers Italian Lakes, Dolomites, Rome, Lazio, Umbria, Florence, Palermo, Amalfi Coast, Naples, Emilia, Romagna, Piedmont, The Veneto, Trento-Alto, Sicily, Liguria, Lombardy, Adige, and more.
Classic Trips Included:
- The Graceful Italian Lakes: Destination of choice for Goethe, Hemingway, and George Clooney
- Grande Strada delle Dolomiti: Tour the rock amphitheatre of the Dolomites
- Tuscan Wine Tour: Red wine fuels this jaunt around historic Chianti vineyards and Tuscan cellars
- A Venetian Sojourn: Glide along the Brenta Canal to splendid frescoed villas
- Grand Tour: The classic cultural tour-part pilgrimage, part rite of passage
- World Heritage Wonders: Discover the Unesco-listed treasures of Italy's art cities
- Amalfi Coast: A stunning coastline of vertical landscapes and chic resort towns
- Shadow of Vesuvius: Head from Naples' tumult to Pompeii's long-buried mysteries
- Wonders of Ancient Sicily: Palermo's Arab roots to Taormina's Greek splendours
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Italy's Classic Trips is perfect for those planning that once-in-a-lifetime trip which includes a taste of all that makes Italy so beloved.
- Looking for more itinerary options? Lonely Planet Italy's Best Trips features 38 road trip itineraries to suit various travel agendas.
- Looking for more details? Lonely Planet Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Italy, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque countrysides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's Classic Trips guides to France and Ireland.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: guidebook, driving, tour, best, European, roadtrip, road, information, info, tourism, tourist, recommendations, highlights, attractions, itineraries, activities, vineyards, cheese, canal, unesco, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Rome, Venice, Florence, Sicily