Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Crete is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Rub shoulders with the Minoan ghosts, enrich your understanding of Knossos, or discover a charming boutique hotel in the winding streets of Hania Old Town; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Crete and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Crete Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, dance, politics, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 29 maps
- Covers Hania, Iraklio, Rethymno, Lasithi, Knossos, Vai, Elounda, Agia Nikolaos, Agia Marina, Hersonisos, Platanias, Vamos, Almyrida, Ierapetra, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet and smartphone devices)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Crete, our most comprehensive guide to Crete, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Greek Islands guide or Greece guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Crete travel, Crete travel guide, Crete travel guidebook, Crete, Crete guide, Crete guidebook, Greece travel, Greece travel guide, Greece travel guidebook, Greece, Greece guide, Greece guidebook, Knossos, Hania, Iraklio, Lasithi, Elounda, Athens, Parthenon, Odeon of Herodes Atticus