Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket New Orleans is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. March with a brass band through the French Quarter, eat everything from jambalaya to beignets or take a walking tour past the Garden District's plantation-style mansions; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of New Orleans and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket New Orleans:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out New Orleans map (included in print version), plus 16 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers French Quarter, Faubourg, Marigny and the Bywater, CBD and the Warehouse District, Garden and Lower Garden Districts, Uptown and Riverbend, Mid-City and the Treme, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket New Orleans, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of New Orleans' neighborhoods? Check out our Lonely Planet Eastern USA guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: New Orleans travel, New Orleans travel guide, New Orleans travel guidebook, New Orleans, New Orleans guide, New Orleans guidebook, Eastern USA travel, Eastern USA travel guide, Eastern USA travel guidebook, Eastern USA, Eastern USA guide, Eastern USA guidebook, Louisiana, Louisiana guide, Louisiana guidebook, French Quarter travel, French Quarter travel guide, French Quarter, Garden District, Garden District travel, Garden District travel guide, Magazine Street, Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, Mardi Gras