Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Egypt is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit the ancient wonders of the Pyramids of Giza, cruise the Nile to a waterside temple, or see the glittering finds in the Egyptian Museum; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Egypt and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Egypt Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cuisine, etiquette, sports, politics, landscapes, wildlife, architecture
- Over 102 maps
- Covers Cairo, the Nile Valley, Minya, Luxor, Esna, Siwa Oasis, Western Desert, Alexandria, Suez Canal, Red Sea Coast, Sinai and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Egypt, our most comprehensive guide to Egypt, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Discover Egypt, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions or Lonely Planet's Africa or Middle East travel guides, for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Sattin and Jessica Lee
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Egypt travel, Egypt travel guide, Egypt travel guidebook, Egypt travel guide book, Egypt, Egypt guide, Egypt guidebook, Egypt guide book, Pyramids of Giza, pyramids, Giza, Siwa Oasis, Red Sea, Sinai, Nile Valley, River Nile, Suez Canal, Alexandria, Esna, Abu Simbel, Western Desert, Beni Suef, Aswan, Lake Nasser, Luxor, Valley of the Kings