Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Switzerland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ski through fresh powder in the Swiss Alps, listen to cowbells while enjoying a picnic in a mountain meadow, or feast on fondue in Gruyeres; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Switzerland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, alpine villages, architecture, sports, landscapes, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 70 local maps
- Covers Geneva, Lake Geneva, Vaud, Fribourg, Neuchatel, Jura, Basel, Aargau, Mittelland, Bernese Oberland, Valais, Central Switzerland, Zurich, Northeastern Switzerland, Ticino, Liechtenstein, Graubunden, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Switzerland, our most comprehensive guide to Switzerland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide that focuses on Switzerland's highlights? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Switzerland, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Central Europe, a comprehensive guide to all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nicola Williams, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark and Sally O'Brien.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Switzerland travel, Switzerland travel guide, Switzerland travel guidebook, Switzerland, Switzerland guide, Switzerland guidebook, Central Europe, Central Europe travel, Central Europe guide, Alps, Lake Geneva, Matterhorn, Aletsch Glacier, Zurich, Jungfrau Region, Vaud, Fribourg, Neuchatel, Jura, Basel, Aargau, Mittelland, Bernese Oberland, Valais, Central Switzerland, Northeastern Switzerland, Ticino, Liechtenstein, Graubunden