Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Northern California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in the culture of San Francisco, get up close and personal with the world's tallest trees, and sip your way through Napa Valley; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of northern California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Northern California Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, lifestyle, people, arts, architecture, wildlife, landscape, music, architecture, literature, visual arts, food, wine.
- More than 70 maps
- Covers San Francisco, Marin Country & the Bay Area, Napa & Sonoma Wine Country, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park & the Sierra Nevada, the Central Coast and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Northern California, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; or Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, John A Vlahides, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Celeste Brash, Beth Kohn, Tienlon Ho
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Northern California travel, Northern California travel guide, Northern California travel guidebook, Northern California, Northern California guide, Northern California guidebook, California, California guide, California travel, California travel guide, California travel guidebook, California guidebook, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Bay Area, Marin County, Redwoods National Park, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, Sierra Nevada, Big Sur, Sacramento